Bronze Order of Mercury
The Bronze Order of Mercury recognizes those people who have demonstrated the highest standards of integrity, moral character, professional competence and selflessness, and who have contributed significantly to the promotion of the Signal Corps and the Signal Corps Regimental Association.
This award is to be given to members of the Association who have served the Regiment well and have made a significant contribution to the Association’s activities in the pursuit of its goals. A nominee’s grade and length of service must be considered as to degree of contribution to our Regiment, length of Association membership, and participation in our Association. Special consideration must be given to our functional area officers who have their first opportunity to become both members of the Regiment and Association only when they become Career Field Designated as a major so may first only learn of our Association at that time.
Things to consider before applying:
- You MUST BE logged into the website with an active membership in order to submit a nomination for any Award. If you enter the application without being logged in, you will be prompted to “Register”. This will NOT activate your membership, the ONLY WAY to create a membership is via the “Membership Application” . If you believe you have an active membership, but cannot login, please email Mrs. Morgan Wieckowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to upload a file of your written nomination and justification letters.
- Download: BOM Sample Nomination (COL Approved)
- In the write up, include a detailed description of the awardee’s significant contributions to both the Signal Corps Regiment and the Signal Corps Regimental Association (SCRA).
- An SCRA membership is required to receive the BOM award.
- Please verify membership prior to submitting the application.
- Gift memberships are available for purchase.
- The BOM can be approved by a Signal Corps Lieutenant Colonel (in command), a Colonel, or a General Officer who is an SCRA member in good standing.
- A colonel of the Regiment is defined as any Signal Corps colonel or a colonel in functional area 26 (formerly functional areas 24 or 53) who is officially affiliated with the Regiment.
- After the application is received, we will send an email to the nominating authority to verify approval.
- If a colonel of the Regiment is not available, SCRA will send the nomination to the National Board for approval on the nominator’s behalf.
- We request applications to be submitted at least 30 days prior to desired presentation date to allow for processing. Please allow more time if ordering a framed award.
- If payment is not made promptly, you will be charged a $25 express fee at time of payment, if presentation is within 20 days. (30 Days for framed awards)
- Please keep in mind if the award is going to an APO address, it will take longer for shipping.
- Payment will not be required upon submitting the application.
- You will receive an email from Morgan once your application has been viewed and approved regarding payment and award status.
We are no longer accepting award submissions via email. The application below is the ONLY method to nominate someone for this award.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Awards Manager:
Mrs. Morgan Wieckowski