The intent of the Brevet Colonel award is to recognize those non-government, government civilians, or uniformed members of the armed forces, other than those of the Signal Regiment, who have made significant contributions over a period of time to the Regiment or the Association. Specifically, such individuals could be federal, state, or local government officials, military members from a different department or branch, industry partners, or community leaders deserving special recognition. The justification for this award is based primarily on their long term relationship with the Regiment.
Things to consider before applying:
- We do not need written nomination and justification letters.
- Be able to provide a detailed description of the awardee’s significant contributions to the Signal Corps Regiment or the Association.
- An SCRA membership is not required to receive the BC award.
- The SCRA National Board is the only approving authority for the BC award.
- Once the application has been submitted, it will automatically be sent to the National Board for approval.
- We request applications to be submitted at least 30 days prior to desired presentation date to allow for voting and processing.
- If submitted within 30 days, you will be charged a $25 express fee at time of payment.
- Please keep in mind if the award is going to an APO address, it will take longer for shipping.
- Payment will not be required until the application has been approved by SCRA.
We are no longer accepting award submissions via email.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Awards Manager:
Mrs. Morgan Wieckowski