Reinstate/Activate Chapter Procedures
Thank you for your interest in activating a SCRA Local Chapter!
Please ensure there is not currently a chapter in your area before starting this process. The current chapters can be located on our Chapters Map. If your local chapter is dormant please reactivate the existing chapter by name instead of creating a new one. The following are instructions and documentation links to establish a chapter.
The Army Regulation that governs Private Organizations on Department of the Army Installations is AR 210-22. Please be familiar with this regulation and its contents.
Please keep in mind that some of the following procedures are Army Requirements and some are required by the National Chapter of SCRA. You should confirm there are no other post requirements specific to your location.
- Read the Constitution and Bylaws of the National SCRA. Please ensure your local group complies with the articles that describe a chapter’s relationship with National Headquarters.
- Fill out the New Chapter Request Form (This requires that you have a current SCRA Membership). Information requested in the form includes:
- A proposed Chapter Name (or existing name if reinstating an inactive chapter).
- Chapter Location. Including mailing address.
- Roster/Count of Members. May be current SCRA Members or Individuals you recruit.
- Elected Officers and Contact Information. Multiple VP positions may be held by an individual. Examples of board positions may be:
- VP Programs
- VP Public Affairs/Awards
- VP Membership
- Chapter Website/Facebook Page (We highly recommend creating a Facebook Page for your Chapter.)
Maintain contact with the National SCRA Office. If you have any questions about organizing your chapter, please contact Mrs. Morgan Wieckowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call/text: 706-831-3744.